Friday, July 16, 2010

Provo Lady Steelers!



For the past year, I've been playing rugby for a the Provo Lady Steelers. I started playing when the team started and it has been an amazing experience! We've been to Reno and Vegas for tournaments so far. I can't even imagine how the past year would have been without it...boring! Not to sound cheesy or anything, but it definitely has been life changing for these reasons:





1. I FREAKIN LOVE MY TEAM! I've had the opportunity to build friendships with amazing girls and build better ones with the ones I already knew. Everyone is so drama free on and off the field(fooor the most part lol) and we all get along really well. They are all like sisters to me...awww

2. I've been able to stay active and in shape. Even if were not having practices, we go hiking or go to the gym or something active. Its nice to have friends who like working out lol It makes it a lot easier!


3. And last but not least, I started dating Setareki, who has helped train us and almost a year later, were still dating(although he's now living and playing rugby in France..miss him!)and he is a one of a kind guy :) seriously, ONE OF A KIND!! :)--------------------->>



So, aside from those "life changing" factors, our team is very talented as we rarely lose a game...yes tooting my horn because it's true! haha I think of all the games we've played, we've only lost to 2 team so far: Amazons(Sacramento team) and BYU(who now wont play us booo). Its been fun putting womens rugby on the map too because a lot of the Polynesian community sees it only as a "mens" sport but since out team started, there have been many other polynesian teams that have started in the valley! How exciting!

We have a tournament coming up next weekend where we will get to play the Amazons again as well as all the new teams in Salt Lake that have popped up (Pink Panthers, Amaka, Lady Spartans, Majestics, Slugs, Lady Lions, Ruckbees..so many!) I will surely blog about the tournament too...cant wait for it!!

1 comment:

  1. yay Mundi i found ur blog lol!!!! g'd job writing I'm glad u are blogging yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete